Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Reflexes and reflections


I was a child,
I leaned over the mirror of water in the park
and formed circles of waves with my finger,
my face reflected made impossible grimaces.

I was a young man,
I examined the skin of my forehead in the bathroom mirror,
I passed over my reddened cheeks with a razor,
my face reflected was joy of living.

I was an adult,
I looked at my face in the mirror of the highway auto-grill,
with my hands I refreshed my over heated neck,
my face reflected was tired of driving.

I was ill,
I raised my glabrous head in front of the mirror in the hospital bathroom,
with my hands I rubbed the deep dark shadows under my eyes,
my face reflected was an unrecognizable mask.

Now I am healed,
I notice my image on shop window,
with strong arms and secure step,
my body reflected is moving and alive.

The other me, in my reflexes, has changed so much.
The other me, in my reflections, is now beginning his change.



No comments:

Post a Comment