Thursday, July 25, 2013

15 meters


Too  many times, by now, I have found myself at the bottom of the well, and had to climb back  up.

The first time was the worst. I didn't even know that I could go so far down and then emerge again.

The second was difficult too, and I attached my hopes to the fact that I'd already made it once.

The times afterward were easier, because I was already familiar with  the road.

But, I still can't get used to it.
Down there, I  feel cold and solitary. I realize that to rise again I have only my own strength to count on.

Ironically, my path now travels through a cycle of hyperbaric oxygen therapy.
Now I make this trips, to the bottom and back again, twice a day...

At the pressure of 15 meters below sea level I can feel every breath of oxygen introducing new life, and that my every molecule receives a part.

With all this oxygen inside, my body has to rise again. Lighter, healthier, stronger.

This is the meaning: the darkest, most profound abyss is where evil is defeated and new hope drags me to the surface.



No comments:

Post a Comment