Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Boldness


He was one of the great ones.
The cigarette always in his hand.
He loved to talk about himself.
And saw everything from on-high.

He dressed elegantly.
Appreciated fine cooking.
He didn't turn his nose up at BBQ.
And drank only the best wine.

He had a luxury car.
And a motorcycle in the Summer.
Sporty just right.
With always a careful eye towards his look.

He did give in to vices.
And had tattoos on his claves.
He was worried about baldness.
And always had new sun glasses.

But suddenly he discovered that he was human.
He found that he wasn't made of steel.
Something broke.
He became speechless.

He began rethinking his life,
at the stupidity of his gestures.
He was sorry for his idiocy.
His pride vanished.

"What can I do, doctor?
I'm thinking of my son, my baby, my wife...
I had such a stupid life!
Is there a remedy? A way to make my future brighter?
... please, where did I put my lighter?"



No comments:

Post a Comment